Memory Support Services
State-of-the-Art Memory Support
Our team of professionals is committed to enriching the lives of the seniors we serve throughout their journey. We believe our state-of-the-art memory support services do just that.
Combining the Botes Memory Method developed by Sira Botes and the Positive Approach® to Care (PAC) and GEMS® Model developed by Teepa Snow, a leading educator on dementia and its care, memory support at The Village delivers individualized personal care. Our memory support caregivers are trained in both methods.
The Botes Memory Method
The Botes Memory Method redefines dementia care by focusing on everyone affected by memory loss – the residents, their families and the caregivers. This approach wraps arms of support around everyone involved, providing personalized care and meaningful activities for the residents, education and guidance for the families and advanced training for the staff.
A personalized assessment determines the resident’s highest, safest cognitive level, and identifies that level as a flower in the Botes Memory Bouquet.
With the insight and knowledge of a resident’s flower identity, The Village team develops a personalized plan, incorporating care and appropriate programs and activities, helping the resident bloom and flourish.
Positive Approach® to Care (PAC) and GEMS® Model
The Positive Approach® to Care (PAC) focuses on a person’s retained abilities versus the abilities that have been lost. We place people before tasks and nurture relationships that recognize the importance of privacy, choice, dignity, purpose and the involvement of family and friends.
Teepa Snow also created the GEMS® States Model for brain change. The GEMS® Model compares people to gemstones and focuses on retained abilities so we may see what is beautiful, and still available, for the person with whom we share time and offer support and care.
Designed for Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care
Laurel Square and Azalea Trace are both designed as memory support neighborhoods, each with a limited number of residents for optimal staffing ratios. The neighborhood design allows our associates to focus on the strengths, talents and personal preferences of residents while providing support to family members who will enjoy peace of mind knowing their loved one is secure and cared for.
Service, Care & Residence Features
Personalized care is provided under the direction of a licensed nurse and specially trained associates dedicated to the well-being and comfort of each resident.
- Secure setting
- 24-hour health care staff
- Private residences with half-bath
- Floor plans that accommodate couples
- Personalized care plan tailored to meet unique needs and preferences
- Interactive and socially stimulating programming
- Assistance with bathing, dressing and grooming (as needed)
- Ongoing monitoring of health needs and medication management under the direction of licensed nurses
- All utilities except telephone provided, including basic cable (telephone not included)
- Housekeeping and linen service
- Personal laundry
- Three meals served restaurant-style each day
- Activity and common spaces designed to allow social interaction
- Enclosed courtyard for safe outdoor activities such as walking and family visits
- Shared social spaces, including a residential kitchen, living room and dining room
- Activities calendar, with daily events and opportunities tailored to memory support residents
- Extended congregate care available for an additional charge
Schedule a personal appointment and find out how our legacy of providing personalized memory support sets us apart from other providers in Gainesville, Florida.