Progressive, Dedicated Memory Support in Gainesville, Florida
Alzheimer’s disease and the many forms of dementia can be devastating, but most memory support communities focus only on the person living with memory loss. We understand that the effects of memory loss reach beyond the person living with Alzheimer’s or dementia. It affects the entire family. With that in mind, we have developed memory support that wraps its arms around everyone.
This unique memory support experience can only be found at Laurel Square and Azalea Trace at The Village at Gainesville.
With the memory support offered at our community, your loved one will benefit from 24-hour, personalized care; security; specialized programming and, most importantly, the freedom to make his or her own choices.
More significantly, the whole family is welcome to enjoy the features that make our community so special.
Whether you choose Laurel Square or Azalea Trace, we consider this your loved one’s home – and welcome you to enjoy it. Together. Dine in our bistro or dining room. Take in a movie in the Performing Arts room. Get a breath of fresh air on our walking paths or soak up sunshine by the pool. This is a place where you are free to be a family again, spending quality time together.
Personalized Memory Support. Now and in the Future.
Regardless of the memory support residence you chose, you can be assured that we deliver expert, compassionate and customized support for your loved one through every stage of memory loss.
We meet you both where you are, delivering individualized care designed around your loved one, traveling with you both on the journey.
Our team of professionals is committed to enriching the lives of seniors we serve throughout their journey. Associates are trained in the Positive Approach® to Care (PAC), an approach developed by Teepa Snow, an Occupational Therapist and one of America’s leading experts on dementia. PAC focuses on a person’s retained abilities versus the abilities that have been lost. We place people before tasks and nurture relationships that recognize the importance of privacy, choice, dignity, purpose and the involvement of family and friends.
Designed for Memory Support
Laurel Square and Azalea Trace are both designed as memory support neighborhoods, each with a limited number of residents for optimal staffing ratios. The neighborhood design allows our associates to focus on the strengths, talents and personal preferences of residents while providing support to family members who will enjoy peace of mind knowing their loved one is secure and cared for.
Service, Care & Residence Features
Personalized care is provided under the direction of a licensed nurse and specially trained associates dedicated to the well-being and comfort of each resident.
- Secure setting
- 24-hour health care staff
- Private residences with half-bath
- Floor plans that accommodate couples
- Personalized care plan tailored to meet unique needs and preferences
- Interactive and socially stimulating programming
- Assistance with bathing, dressing and grooming (as needed)
- Ongoing monitoring of health needs and medication management under the direction of licensed nurses
- All utilities except telephone provided, including basic cable (telephone not included)
- Housekeeping and linen service
- Personal laundry
- Three meals served restaurant-style each day
- Activity and common spaces designed to allow social interaction
- Enclosed courtyard for safe outdoor activities such as walking and family visits
- Shared social spaces, including a residential kitchen, living room and dining room
- Activities calendar, with daily events and opportunities tailored to memory support residents
- Extended congregate care available for an additional charge
Schedule a personal appointment and find out how our legacy of providing personalized memory support sets us apart from other providers in Gainesville, Florida.